Friday, March 12, 2010

Travel Call!! Well Yes & No....

What are the lyrics to Carly Simon's song? "Anticipation........Is keepin' me waitin'............'"
As I mentioned in a previous post, we received our I-600A approval on February 22nd and we have been calling the National Visa Center in Dover, New Hampshire twice daily for the past two weeks and nothing had been logged in. On Tuesday of this week Paige sent an e-mail to CIS asking them to please follow-up and see if our information had been sent, on Thursday she received an e-mail saying that our paperwork was being sent that day, overnight via UPS to NVC and they provided a tracking number. Did it really sit for over 2 weeks in Fairfax, VA before an e-mail from Paige moved it along? At the same time Paige was speaking with our case worker at FCA in Connecticut who told her she usually receives travel letters on Thursday & Friday so at the earliest we would hear about our travel approval would be next week. OK, we've waited this long what's another week? "Anticipation......"
This morning we both tracked the UPS movement of our paperwork between Virginia and New Hampshire, at 8:16 it was scanned out of the depot in Manchester, NH for delivery. I went about my usual morning ritual, I visited the sales floor to see what new merchandise came in and then to hit E-bar to get a cup of tea. By the time I got back to my desk my Iphone (I left it on my desk) was beeping with text messages and e-mails, the red message light was lit-up on my office phone and when I logged back onto my computer there were several e-mails from Paige with the subject line "CALL ME!!"
Once I got Paige on the phone she said our case worker at FCA called to say she had received our travel letter from Korea and all they are waiting for is the approval from NVC, we are cleared for travel and Carter is ready to be picked-up!!
At 10:15 this morning our information arrived at NVC in New Hampshire, Paige waited until mid-afternoon to call them to see if we have been logged in, I'm hearing Cary Simon again......"Anticipation......" no dice, not yet!! The Center is open until midnight, we will try again tonight, for every helpful and accommodating person you get at NVC there some who are not so much, we are told that NVC approves Visas within 72 hours of being received so hopefully no later than Tuesday since its now the weekend which means we could be traveling this time next week!!
Now comes the crazy time!! We have to finish getting everything ready this weekend. The electrician is coming tomorrow to install a ceiling fixture in Carter's room, I need to hang the letters spelling his name over is crib and attach the changing pad to the dresser. The mattress needs to be lowered since the delivery men set it up at the highest setting and I am sure there are plenty of thing Paige wants/has to do too. Not to mention getting the house in order for either my parents or my brother, between then someone is coming down to house/dog sit while we are in Korea plus they will be here when we get home to meet their new grandson/nephew depending on who comes to stay. The poor dogs, their lives are about to change forever.......

2 comments:

WickedStitch said...

This is SUCH wonderful news!!! You guys must be over the moon. The dogs will adjust. :)

George Zaharoff said...

You have now given new meaning to "Anticipation" - I am SO thrilled for you both (and the pooches)!