Saturday, March 27, 2010

1st Full Day at Home



Right now it's just after midnight and Carter is wide awake and we're watching SNL.

Today was our first full day at home, Paige's Mom & Dad left to go back to Connecticut at about 12:30 since they had committed to sing in the choir tomorrow morning and my parents are still with us for a while longer.

We had our first excursion this afternoon, we all went to Babies R Us to pick up a few things and Grammy & Papa Ross bought Carter an exersaucer (he's loving it right now) and he had his first trip to Wegman's. All-in-all it went pretty well. He slept in his car seat for a little while and really liked being rolled around in a shopping carriage.

I guess day two out of Korea is the day for it all to catch up with Carter not to mention that he is teething. After we got home from our errands he went down for a nap and slept for 5 hours! We woke him after our dinner to feed him and figured if we did not wake him he would be up all night. He ate, he was changed and he fell back to sleep in Paige's arms, he just would not stay up. I guess he officially hit the wall. Now, after his marathon nap session it appears we are up for a while. Paige is feeding him some homemade applesauce and Preston is sitting close by hoping for some spillage.


After his marathon nap I took him up to his room to change his diaper and put on his pj's and I had my 1st pee mishap. He did not get me but he got the changing pad pretty good. It had to happen sooner or later, just happy I didn't get it straight in the face.

One of the things we had been concerned about was how the dogs were going to react to bringing a baby into the house. They have been around plenty of other children over time but all those kids go home. We are happy to report that Preston & Madison have really been good. If Carter cries both dogs get concerned and run to him. If he's sleeping in the baby bjorn in the family room both doges peek over the top to check on him and if we're sitting down holding Carter they will also sit at our feet protecting him. So-far-so good.

With any luck we'll get some sleep in the next few hours. - John

2 comments:

George Zaharoff said...

Hi John,

I am THRILLED just over the moon that you made it back with a new member in your family. He is absolutely beautiful. I'm happy Carter's two older "brothers" have accepted him without a hitch! I am just so grateful I'm able to keep track of what's going in the Ross household!

Lots of love and happiness -
George

Joanne said...

Thank you so much for sharing the excitement with us! I love logging on and seeing whats going on! He is so handsome and it sounds like he is settling in quite well! I was wondering about the doggies, Im glad its a smooth transition! I cannot wait to meet the little man!!!