Monday, December 7, 2009

A Big Step Closer - Referral is in!

So I just so happened to be home early this afternoon because I had a doctors appointment and at 4:53 the phone rang and the caller ID flashed a number that was simply listed as North Carolina. My heart skipped a beat, I took a deep breathe and answered the phone. From the other end I heard "John? Do you have a minute?" I heard our social worker say "we have a referral for you". As she went over the particulars she pretty much sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher to me. I did manage to remember the important things like, it's a boy, he's 5 months old and his birthday is 5 days before mine in July. As it turns out our Social Worker had tried to call Paige at work but she was not at her desk and she missed the call. When she saw the missed call on her phone she didn't know what to do. Within minutes I was on the phone to her; she said "Did they call you? What did they want" Oh not much really.... just wanted to chat..... WE HAVE A REFERRAL!!!
We were immediately sent an "E-Packet" with some family history, medical history of our little guy and of course PICTURES. He is adorable, a chubby little guy, just so cute!! We are very early in the referral process; until things are more definite they really don't want us to post too many details or to share too many personal details of the child and his birth family. All of this is so new it just doesn't feel real yet. As the reality of us actually being parents sinks in we will of course share more info as we learn more. We want thank everyone for all of their well wishes over the past 8 months and 27 days that was our referral wait!

No comments: